Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Are the refill kits for laser printers any good ? What about the smart chips ?

I have an HP laser printer and paid $155.00 for a new cartridge yesterday and I noticed there are refill kits available for around $40.00





How often doe the replacement smart chips on toner cartridges have to be replaced ?Are the refill kits for laser printers any good ? What about the smart chips ?
Well it depends on the size of the toner cartridge, But as a rule you can get a lot of prints for your money.





I have a laser right now that I am using and the drum toner is listed at being able to print 12,000 pages, but for some reason I get about 12,500 out of it. Most always it is less than listed but I am happy with the results.





I would recommend seeing if they will offer you a rebate for your old cartridge if you turn it in before you buy the new one, That can save you some money.





With either ink jet or laser I always recommend buying new cartridges each time you need them and I always suggest buying the manufacturers suggested cartridge. There are some companies who make no name replacement cartridges for printers and guarantee they will work the same and give the same performance, Most always they lack the performance and more often than not you will have a mess with the liquid ink that the ink jet uses and with your laser you will have carbon dust flying around like crazy, And this also happens with refilling them as well unless done by a professional.





But really you are better off, especially with a laser printer to just buy a new toner each time you need one and see what kind of rebate they will give you for your old one. Almost all laser printers have a rebate of some sort for the old toner cartridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment