Monday, December 21, 2009

Can laser printer paper work with inkjet printers? And vice-versa? Because I need a glossy paper. I must know.

I need a glossy paper for a project, and there's two types at my nearest Office Depot. There's a laser and an inkjet version. Now, I have an inkjet at home, and a laser printer at work, but I'm not sure if the laser printer works right. I was wondering if the laser will work on the inkjet and vice-cersa. Thanks in advanve.Can laser printer paper work with inkjet printers? And vice-versa? Because I need a glossy paper. I must know.
Be careful here. You're talking about a glossy paper. This is different from standard papers.





Laser printers use a heated roller (fuser) to fuse the toner to the paper.





This is where glossy paper for an inkjet printer can be a problem. The fuser can melt the glossy film. Some types seems to survive, but it's not a garauntee.





Going the other way around, printing from an inkjet printer on to glossy paper for a laser printer may or may not work. The material used to make the surface of the paper glossy may not allow the ink to absorb into a layer and ';stick';, so to speak.





Yes, sometimes it works for one type of paper to be used in another type of printer, just be careful and understand that it may cause problems.Can laser printer paper work with inkjet printers? And vice-versa? Because I need a glossy paper. I must know.
For a glossy finish the papers are not interchangeable.





There is a great difference in how the inks are composed of and how they are distributed.
there is a small difference wheter you use glossy paper for your laser and inkjet both printer will work on glossy paer whether it is for laser or inkjet use it
You should have no problem with it. Inkjet printers work on almost all types of paper. When you set up your print job, make sure you tell your printer what kind of paper you are using (Glossy).





I use a Canon inkjet printer and all modern printer paper (even stuff for xerox type jobs) works in it.





Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment